- To create high caliber textile diploma graduates to face the ever–challenging global needs of textile industries and society.
- Update curriculum, syllabus and infrastructure to meet the global occupational standards and high quality education
- Encourage the faculty and staff to enrich knowledge and skills and to impart their learning experiences to students in advanced technology
- Nurture the diploma graduates to be creative, critical and innovative with high caliber to face the challenges of textile industries
- Foster stronger interface with industries, alumni and community through need based training, collaborative projects, consultancy and incubation centres
- Mould the students as professional diploma engineers with moral, ethical and social values and encourage them to become entrepreneurs.
Program Educational Objectives
- Diploma Graduates will have enhanced responsibilities/advancement in positions in Textile Industries or will have Bachelor’s degree in Textiles.
- Diploma Graduates will be engaged in life-long learning and will be professional, ethical and demonstrate the spirit of excellence in their career.
- Diploma Graduates will become successful small and medium scale entrepreneurs / business partners in Textile field, by starting new ventures/expansion of their existing family business and contribute to societal, technological and industry development.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Ability to learn and adopt the advanced technology in Manufacturing /Maintenance / Testing areas.
- Ability to become small /medium entrepreneurs in their chosen textile areas or pursue higher education.
- The Textile Technology Programme was started in 1959 and the programme is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi.
Important Theory Courses:
- Fibre Science and Technology, Yarn Manufacture, Fabric Manufacture, Textile Wet Processing, Basic Engineering, Textile Design, Textile Testing, Garment Manufacture, Textile Management, Advanced Textile Manufacture, Garment Quality Control and Merchandising.
Important Practical Courses:
- Fibre Identification Practical, Yarn Manufacture practical, Fabric Manufacture Practical, Life and Employability Skill Practical, Textile Design Practical, Textile Wet Processing Practical, Garment Pattern Making Practical, Professional Practice and Mini Project, Advanced Textile Manufacture Practical, Garment Manufacture Practical, Textile & Garment CAD Practical.
Diploma approved and affiliated by:
- Approved by AICTE, New Delhi and Affiliated to The State Board of Technical Education & Training, DoTE Chennai
- First Year: 10th std.
- Second Year: Passed 12th Std. examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics/ Biology (Botany and Zoology) OR 12th Science (with Mathematics as one of the Subject) or 12th Science with Vocational OR 12th Science with Technical OR 10th + (2 years ITI) with appropriate Trade in that order shall be eligible for admission to Second Year Diploma Course(s) of appropriate Programme.
|Admission Procedure||:||As per The State Government norms|
|Course Duration||:||3 Years|
|Study Mode||:||Full Time|
|Relate to Branch||:||Textile|
|Course Approval||:||AICTE, New Delhi|