- To be globally recognized programme for producing diploma graduates, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and competent to pursue diverse and successful careers in industry and society.
- To provide quality education and training with the state-of-the-art infrastructure and emphasis on engineering fundamentals and applications to the students to meet the professional challenges.
- To motivate the staff to update the ever changing technologies in Mechanical and allied field of engineering.
- To have good linkages with industries and alumni for the growth and development of the department by establishing center of excellence.
- To provide vocational training programmes to the needy students in the field of manufacturing sector to become qualified professionals.
- To provide services for sustainable development of the society by organizing need based courses and skill trainings.
Program Educational Objectives
- Diploma graduates will serve in the design and manufacturing sector with technical competence and interpersonal skills to face the challenges of the industries.
- Diploma graduates will be involved in the execution of Mechanical Engineering projects through innovative ideas.
- Diploma graduates will take up higher education programmes in reputed institutions or become successful entrepreneurs.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Ability to apply the acquired technical knowledge for the sustainable growth and development of society and self.
- Ability to develop and implement innovative ideas in the area of product development with the help of modern CAD/CAM tools.
- The Mechanical Engineering Programme was started in 1958 and the programme is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi.
Important Theory Courses:
- Strength of Materials, Manufacturing Processes, Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, Heat Power Engineering, Special Machines, Electrical Drives and Control, Theory of Machines, Thermal Engineering, Process Planning and Cost Estimation, Design of Machine Elements, Industrial Engineering and Management, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing
Important Practical Courses:
- Machine Drawing and CAD Practical, Strength of Materials and Fluid Mechanics Practical, Foundry and Welding Practical, Lathe and Drilling Practical, Electrical Drives and Control Practical, Special Machines Practical, Life and Employability Skill Practical, Thermal Engineering Practical, Process Automation practical, Metrology and Metalography Practical, Professional Practice and Mini Project, Machine Tool Testing and Maintenance Practical, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing Practical, Project Work.
Diploma approved and affiliated by:
- Approved by AICTE, New Delhi and Affiliated to The State Board of Technical Education & Training, DoTE Chennai
- First Year: 10th std.
- Second Year: Passed 12th Std. examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics/ Biology (Botany and Zoology) OR 12th Science (with Mathematics as one of the Subject) or 12th Science with Vocational OR 12th Science with Technical OR 10th + (2 years ITI) with appropriate Trade in that order shall be eligible for admission to Second Year Diploma Course(s) of appropriate Programme.
|Admission Procedure||:||As per State Government norms|
|Course Duration||:||3 Years|
|Study Mode||:||Full Time|
|Relate to Branch||:||Civil Engineering, Architectural Assistantship|
|Course Approval||:||AICTE, New Delhi|