Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering empowers faculty, students, industry and alumni to experience a journey towards a healthier transformation in technical education.
- Sustain and enhance the state-of-art resources for better teaching-learning process
- Connect industries to seam the technology gap between industry and academia by establishing incubators, skill training centres and industry-in-institutes
- Support the faculty to attain higher knowledge and relevant skills to impart unparalleled learning experience to the students
- Stimulate the students in learning-by-doing, industrial live projects and start-ups
- Instil Creativity, Innovation, social and interpersonal skills amongst the students through co-curricular and extracurricular activities
Program Educational Objectives
- Succeed as executives and managers in the field of engineering and technology, adapting to different roles and demonstrating leaderships in the working environment
- Achieve competency in solving, challenging technical and societal tasks in an ethical and economical manner
- Reveal team work and lifelong learning in their profession and develop the qualities of an Entrepreneur
Program Specific Outcomes
- Perform as junior Engineers in production, maintenance, customer service and quality control divisions in core and allied industries.
- Acquire and excel in the fields of electrical layout, circuit design and programming of Intelligent controllers.
- The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Programme was started in 1958 and the programme is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi.
Important Theory Courses:
- Electric Circuit Theory, Electrical Machines, Electronic Devices and Circuit, Measurements and Instruments, Digital Electronics, Transducers and Signal Conditioners, Generation Transmission and Switchgear, Microcontroller and applications, Electrical Estimation and Energy Auditing, Power System, Operation and Maintenance of Electrical Equipment.
Important Practical Courses:
- Computer Aided Electrical Drawing Practical, Microcontroller and Applications Practical, Professional Practice and Mini Project, Wiring and Winding Practical, Electrical Circuits simulation Practical, Electrical Circuits and Machines Practical, Electronic Devices and Circuits Practical, Electrical Workshop Practical, Electrical Machines and Instrumentation Practical, Digital Electronics, Linear integrated circuits Practical, Life and Employability Skill Practical etc.,.
Diploma approved and affiliated by:
- Approved by AICTE, New Delhi and Affiliated to The State Board of Technical Education & Training, DoTE Chennai
- First Year: 10th std.
- Second Year: Passed 12th Std. examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics/ Biology (Botany and Zoology) OR 12th Science (with Mathematics as one of the Subject) or 12th Science with Vocational OR 12th Science with Technical OR 10th + (2 years ITI) with appropriate Trade in that order shall be eligible for admission to Second Year Diploma Course(s) of appropriate Programme.
|Admission Procedure||:||As per State Government norms|
|Course Duration||:||3 Years|
|Study Mode||:||Full Time|
|Relate to Branch||:||Civil Engineering, Architectural Assistantship|
|Course Approval||:||AICTE, New Delhi|