- Develop technically competent, creative and independent diploma computer engineers through effective teaching and learning methods to meet industrial and social needs.
- To provide innovative teaching learning environment with motivation for self-learning and problem solving through the state of the art ICT infrastructure.
- To build the spirit of confidence, team work and professionalism among the students through soft skills programs and internships.
- To nurture the students worthy in character and ready enough to adapt themselves for team learning.
- To strengthen Industry Institution interaction to exchange the ideas and to enhance the entrepreneurship skills
- To involve faculty, staff and students in continuous training and development assistance programs
Program Educational Objectives
- Apply the knowledge of computer engineering to analyze, devise and create novel products and software for real world problems
- Pursue advanced degrees, research or obtain a successful career in computer engineering fields
- Improve their knowledge and skills through lifelong learning
- Implement professionalism with social concern, ethics and code of practice
Program Specific Outcomes
- Demonstrate, understand the principles and working of hardware and networking aspects of computer system
- Specify, design, develop, test and debug software systems by using appropriate hardware and software tools.
- The Computer Engineering (SS) Programme was started in 1987 and the programme is approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
Important Theory Courses:
- Basics of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, C Programming and Introduction to Data Structures, Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Computer Networks, Object Oriented Programming with Java, Relational Database Management Systems, Web Programming, Computer Hardware and Servicing, . Net Programming, Network Security & Administration, Multimedia Systems.
Important Practical Courses:
- Electrical & Electronics Practical, C – Programming Practical, Linux Practical, Web Designing Practical, Java Programming Practical, Relational Database Management Systems Practical, Life and Employability Skill Practical, Web Programming Practical, Computer Hardware and Servicing Practical, .Net Programming Practical, Professional Practice and Mini Project, Computer Networks and Administration Practical, Multimedia Systems Practical, Project work.
Diploma approved and affiliated by:
- Approved by AICTE, New Delhi, Affiliated to The State Board of Technical Education & Training, DoTE Chennai
- First Year: 10th std.
- Second Year: Passed 12th Std. examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics/ Biology (Botany and Zoology) OR 12th Science (with Mathematics as one of the Subject) or 12th Science with Vocational OR 12th Science with Technical OR 10th + (2 years ITI) with appropriate Trade in that order shall be eligible for admission to Second Year Diploma Course(s) of appropriate Programme.
|Admission Procedure||:||As per The State Government norms|
|Course Duration||:||3 Years|
|Study Mode||:||Full Time|
|Relate to Branch||:||Computer , ECE|
|Course Approval||:||AICTE, New Delhi|