- To develop highly competent diploma Civil engineers to manage the global challenges with latest technologies to suit the needs of the industry and society.
- Technical Knowledge: Provide quality technical knowledge and skills with updated curriculum, faculty development and the state - of – the -art infrastructural facilities.
- Industry based Skills: Impart the knowledge based skills to the students on par with industrial needs by providing training in the latest technologies of Civil Engineering.
- Skill Training centres: Develop incubation centre /skill training centre in the emerging areas by associating with industries and alumni.
- Community Services: Provide testing and consultancy services to the community in areas of Civil Engineering.
- Morals and Ethics: Inculcate moral and ethical values among the students and make them adept to the professional services to serve the society.
Program Educational Objectives
- Problem solving Skills: Diploma Graduates can identify, analyze and solve different challenges in execution and maintenance of Civil construction works.
- Software Knowledge: Diploma Graduates can handle the modern engineering equipment and softwares for planning and design of Civil Engineering structures.
- Entrepreneurship: Diploma Graduates are successful in their professional careers including Entrepreneurship.
- Latest Technology: Diploma Graduates exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication, team work and social responsibility and adapt the current trends in technology.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Construction Techniques / Entrepreneur / Higher Education : Ability to adopt the modern management and construction techniques in the career or become an entrepreneur or pursue higher studies in civil engineering
- Cost Estimate: Ability to prepare plan, produce detailed drawing, write specification and prepare cost estimates
- Testing and Consultancy: Apply the knowledge of testing and consultancy works in civil engineering to offer services to the construction projects
- Engineering Mechanics, Construction Materials and Construction Practice, Surveying, Theory of Structures, Transportation Engineering, Estimating and Costing, Structural Engineering, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Pollution Control, Construction Management, Hydraulics, Advanced Construction Technology.
Important Theory Courses:
- The Civil Engineering Programme was started in 1958 and the programme is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi.
Important Practical Courses:
- Civil Engineering Drawing, Material Testing Practical, Surveying Practical, Life and Employability Skill Practical, CAD and Civil Engineering Drawing Practical, Construction Practice Practical, Professional Practice and Mini Project, Hydraulics Practical, Computer Aided Design and Detailing Practical, Concrete and Highway Practical.
Diploma approved and affiliated by:
- Approved by AICTE, New Delhi and Affiliated to The State Board of Technical Education & Training, DoTE Chennai
- First Year: 10th std.
- Second Year: Passed 12th Std. examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics/ Biology (Botany and Zoology) OR 12th Science (with Mathematics as one of the Subject) or 12th Science with Vocational OR 12th Science with Technical OR 10th + (2 years ITI) with appropriate Trade in that order shall be eligible for admission to Second Year Diploma Course(s) of appropriate Programme.
|Admission Procedure||:||As per The State Government norms|
|Course Duration||:||3 Years|
|Study Mode||:||Full Time|
|Relate to Branch||:||Civil Engineering, Architecture|
|Course Approval||:||AICTE, New Delhi|