- To enhance the knowledge in architecture that flourishes through creativity and aspire the students to become architects.
- To offer diverse and updated curriculum through creative learning environment
- To synergize with leading architects to familiarize the students with design concepts
- To inspire the students towards sustainable design
- To update the knowledge and skills of the faculty in the recent developments in architecture
- To inculcate the ethical, social and moral values to the students
Program Educational Objectives
- Ability to learn and execute the latest technology in design and construction.
- Ability to become an independent consultant in building construction or presue higher education.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Ability to apply the acquired technical knowledge for the sustainable growth and development of society and self.
- Ability to develop and implement innovative ideas in the area of product development with the help of modern CAD/CAM tools.
- The Architectural Assistantship (ss) Programme was started in 2009 and the programme is approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
Important Theory Courses:
- Theory of Architecture, History of Architecture, Building Materials, Mechanics of Structures, Survey theory, Building Services, Estimating and Costing, Environmental Engineering, Elements of Interior Design, Structural Design , Project Management, Town Planning.
Important Practical Courses:
- Architectural Drawing, Basic Design, Building construction and Detailing, computer Application in Architecture, Architectural Drawing, Architectural Design Studio, Building Construction and Detailing, Architectural Design studio, Professional Practice and Mini Project, Computer Application in Architecture, Life and Employability skill Practical, Structural Detailing and Drawing and Architectural Model Making.
Diploma approved and affiliated by:
- Approved by AICTE, New Delhi and Affiliated to The State Board of Technical Education & Training, DoTE Chennai
- First Year: 10th std.
- Second Year: Passed 12th Std. examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics/ Biology (Botany and Zoology) OR 12th Science (with Mathematics as one of the Subject) or 12th Science with Vocational OR 12th Science with Technical OR 10th + (2 years ITI) with appropriate Trade in that order shall be eligible for admission to Second Year Diploma Course(s) of appropriate Programme.
|Admission Procedure||:||As per The State Government norms|
|Course Duration||:||3 Years|
|Study Mode||:||Full Time|
|Relate to Branch||:||Architecture, Civil Engineering|
|Course Approval||:||AICTE, New Delhi|