- To develop technically competent and innovative diploma graduates to pursue diverse and successful careers in the agricultural field through effective teaching and learning methods to suit the needs of society and industry.
- Technical Knowledge: Provide quality technical knowledge and skills with updated curriculum and emphasis on fundamentals of Engineering and applications to the students to meet the professional challenges.
- Faculty up Gradation: Motivate the staff to update the knowledge, skills and changing technologies and to impart their experiences to the students in the field of agricultural technology.
- Learning by Doing: Stimulate the students with skills in learning by doing for solving complex technological problems through group or team work.
- Moral, Ethical and Social Values: Mould the students’ overall personality with moral, ethical and social values and make them quality citizens.
- Entrepreneurship and Higher Education: To offer career guidance to the students by industry and academic experts for enhancing the skills towards entrepreneurship and higher education.
Program Educational Objectives
After three years, the graduates will
- Technical Skills: Serve in the designing and manufacturing sector with technical knowledge to face the needs of agricultural industries.
- Higher Education: Have broad technical knowledge and design proficiency by pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Technology.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Ability to apply the knowledge in assuring quality agricultural farm equipment, effective water management, soil testing, etc.
- PSO2: Ability to become an independent consultant in the field of Agricultural Technology.
- Agricultural Technology Programme was started in 2019. It is the latest diploma programme related to the field of Agriculture.
Important Theory Courses:
- Strength of Materials, Principles of Crop Production, Machine Drawing, Surveying and Leveling, Fluid Mechanics, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Electrical Drives and Control, Tractor and its Power Units, Farm Machinery, Food Process Engineering, Renewable Energy Sources and Energy Conservation, Industrial Engineering and Management, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing, Sugarcane Crop Production.
Important Practical Courses:
- Principles of Crop Production Practical, Surveying and Leveling Practical, Soil Science Practical, Mechanical Testing and Fluid Power Practical, Computer Aided Drawing Practical, Electrical Drives and Control Practical, Tractor and its Power Units Practical, Process Automation Practical, Machine Shop-I Practical (Lathe & Welding), Life and Employability Skill Practical, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing Practical, Farm Machinery Practical, Machine Shop-II Practical(Milling & Grinding), Project Work.
Diploma approved and affiliated by:
- Approved by AICTE, New Delhi and Affiliated to The State Board of Technical Education & Training, DoTE Chennai
- First Year: 10th std.
- Second Year: Passed 12th Std. examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics/ Biology (Botany and Zoology) OR 12th Science (with Mathematics as one of the Subject) or 12th Science with Vocational OR 12th Science with Technical OR 10th + (2 years ITI) with appropriate Trade in that order shall be eligible for admission to Second Year Diploma Course(s) of appropriate Programme.
|Admission Procedure||:||As per State Government norms|
|Course Duration||:||3 Years|
|Study Mode||:||Full Time|
|Relate to Branch||:||Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Production Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Metallurgy, Mechatronics and Civil Engineering|
|Course Approval||:||AICTE, New Delhi|