Ragging is totally prohibited in the institution, and anyone found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, whether actively or passively, or being a part of a conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished. The institution may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-ragging squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefit.
- Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evaluation process.
- Suspension / expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.