Grievance Redressal Committee
Thiagarajar Polytechnic College has a Students' Grievance Redressal Committee. The functions of the Committee are to look into the complaints/grievances lodged by any student and judge its merit. Anyone with a genuine grievance shall fill the Grievance Appeal Form with all possible facts and records and submit it to the Grievance Redressal Committee. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail. The Committee will investigate into the matter and shall try to resolve it at the earliest.
The objectives of the Grievance Redressal Committee are to:
- Maintain the decorum of the institution by promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student-teacher relationship etc
- Address any grievances raised by the students regarding academic and non academic matters and any other problems related to day to day functioning
- Counsel the students to respect the right and dignity of one another and refrain from inciting against fellow students, teachers and Management
- Guide the faculty members to be cordial to the students and counsel the students
- Obtain suggestions from the students for improvement
- Take necessary steps for improvement in the light of grievances
Frequency Of Meeting
The meeting for the Grievance Redressal Committee shall be convened by the Convener as and when required with the due approval from the Principal and Chairman of the Committee. In addition, in order to have periodical review, the meeting shall be convened once in a semester to discuss on the grievances made and suggestions given by the students.