Polytechnic College, Salem was
established in 1958 by the Philanthropist Late Thiru.Karumuttu Thiagarajar
with three diploma programmes to cater the needs of technical man power after
post independence and nurtured by the former Chairman Late
Thiru.M.S.Chockalingam. And it is now morphed as the most respected
institution in the country.
In recognition of the
excellent services in technical education for the past several decades, the
institution has been conferred with the "Best Polytechnic College Award"
by Government of Tamilnadu.
the diploma programmes viz., Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Production Engineering and Textile
Technology were accredited by the National Board of Accreditation, New
Delhi for second term of five years in succession from March 2012